Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm Back!

So it’s been a few days – actually a few weeks – since I wrote anything here. I think I’m ready to start again.

Sometimes when I sit down to write, the words flow out. If the creative muse hits, it’s as if time flies by and when I look up there are sometimes pages and pages written and it’s hours later.

Or just a few minutes. It has something to do with the space-time continuum and I don’t really understand it. I was a liberal arts major.

Anyhow, I stopped writing because I got tired of being so angry all the time. I thought I could stay neutral and scholarly about the proposed Constitutional Amendment, but I find that it hits a bit too close to home.

Even though there’s no intent or desire to get married, I don’t like the idea of someone else taking that option off the table for me.

Then I started hearing about some of the things that are happening in other states and realized that crazy approaching stupid is happening everywhere. All we can do is hunker down and push through as best we can, because things are going to get better eventually.

All we have to do is live long enough to see it happen.

In the meantime, let’s look at the Constitutional Amendment again.

3 comments:

Fred said...

Let's hang in and fight the bigots...or at least show them the errow of their ways.

Anonymous said...

Larry,
I'd be pissed too and I totally understand.
John

Leslie W. Cothren said...

I'm glad you're back. I've been missing these blog postings!