Monday, December 14, 2009

News of my absence

I haven’t posted much on here in a couple of days. Part of that is good (maybe all of it is good, I’m not sure yet). I haven’t had a cold that’s kicked me in the butt like this for several years. I’ve gone beyond the mere inconvenience to the wracking cough and congestion that won’t give up.

I keep worrying that I’m going to hack up a lung, and I hope that Theraflu isn’t addictive.

It, and the assortment of other remedies I’ve tried since the Wild Turkey incident the other night, have impacted my ability to think very clearly.

Fortunately, I have a live-in editor who has the password to my blog and can say, “No. You sound like one of the crazy people from the internet. We won’t be posting that.”

This has cut my productivity a lot.  Believe it or not, coherent thought is sometimes necessary to do a blog.

I’m not yet recovered, a point that was driven home last night. I’d tried to return to my normal bed and abandon the couch. The pillow placed firmly over my face to stop the coughing indicated that I hadn’t yet reached the point to reintegrate with society – or the other people who live here.

Hopefully I’m on the mend, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've been missed.

Anonymous said...

He's lying.....I didn't hold the pillow over his head at all.......I merely tapped him lightly with a baseball bat. eb

Anonymous said...

glad you are better. Was it a baseball bat or a real one??????
sd